May 4, 2015

Bike Rides and Goodbyes


Today's post will cover my last day and a half in Washington. Saturday, we were invited by our friend Jared on a bike ride with the youth in the ward. To be honest, I was expecting an easy 3 miles ride with a few hills but when we got there we were told that we would be biking through a 3 mile tunnel and after that we would bike for another 23 miles. The good thing was that the tunnel was actually really fun (but cold) and the 23 miles after that was super easy with literally only one little hill. 

It took us about four hours (including stops) and we ended up at this really cool lake. 
The bike ride was probably my favorite thing in this entire trip. This trip was much needed and I'm so glad I was able to go. I grew closer with my roommate and made new friends on this trip.


Sunday morning was a little crazy. Someone (not naming any names) locked the car keys in the trunk so we called Triple A so they can open the door for us and by the time we got to Church, they almost finished their first hour. Saying our goodbyes were hard. You will probably think, "you've only known them for 2 weeks" but you don't understand how awesome these people are. I've grown to know them and love them in these past two weeks. So many memories have been made during this trip and I hope to create more in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy